Rev field sees first gas

Gas production has begun from the Talisman-operated Rev field in Norway.

Offshore staff

CALGARY, Canada -- Gas production has begun from the Talisman-operated Rev field in Norway.

The field is expected to produce at a plateau rate of 100 MMcf/d of gas and 6,000 b/d of condensate and natural gas liquids from two subsea wells. A third producer, the Rev East well, is expected to be brought onstream later this year.

Talisman's share of proved and probable reserves in the Rev field at year-end 2007 was estimated at 26 MMboe, with proved reserves of 16 MMboe.

Talisman Energy Norge AS operates Rev with a 70% interest. Petoro AS holds the remaining 30%.

01/26/2009

More in Production