SK block fields onstream offshore Malaysia

Production has begun from natural gas fields in blocks SK 309 and SK 311 offshore Sarawak, Malaysia, according to Murphy Sarawak Oil Co.

Offshore staff

EL DORADO, Arkansas -- Production has begun from natural gas fields in blocks SK 309 and SK 311 offshore Sarawak, Malaysia, according to Murphy Sarawak Oil Co. Natural gas produced from the phased development will be supplied to the PETRONAS LNG Complex in Bintulu, Sarawak.

Murphy operates the development and maintains an 85% working interest in the discovered fields with PETRONAS holding the remaining 15%. The contract terms call for the development to supply 250 MMcf/d of natural gas for a firm period of five years, with a provision to supply up to 350 MMcf/d for an additional ten-year period.

09/18/2009

More in Production