Sapura Energy starts up B15 field offshore Sarawak
Sapura Energy subsidiary Sapura Exploration and Production (Sarawak) has produced first gas from the B15 field in the SK310 production-sharing contract area offshore Sarawak.
This is the company’s first offshore development, and work was completed within two years of sanction. B15 was discovered in late 2010.
Development is based on a processing platform with a 35-km (22-mi) export pipeline connected to the existing B11 infrastructure for onward transmission to the Malaysia Liquefied Natural Gas complex at Bintulu, Sarawak.
Over the past two years Sapura E&P has made further significant gas discoveries and these should come onstream over the next two to five years, said Tan Sri Dato’ Seri Shahril Shamsuddin, president and group CEO.
Partners in the PSC are Petronas (40%) and Mitsubishi subsidiary Diamond Energy Sarawak (30%).
Last month, Sapura Energy contractor subsidiaries won various offshore construction contracts. Details are as follows:
- Sapura Fabrication (ex-SapuraKencana HL): EPCC services for Kinarut ERB West compressor upgrading project for Petronas. The three-year work scope involves removal of existing HP compressors and reinstallation of refurbished LP Compressors at EWDP-A; refurbishment of reinjection compressors to HP Compressors offshore at EWG-A; replacement of associated equipment, piping and instrumentation, process and utility tie-ins modifications and other related topside facilities brownfield modifications and improvements at ERB WEST and Kinarut platforms.
- Sapura Fabrication, minor EPCC work for Petronas’ Bokor Betty brownfield and rejuvenation program. The four-and-a-half-year contract involves tie-in works at existing platforms including LADR-A and BNG-B and upgrades to existing Betty platform facilities, both to support Bokor EOR and redevelopment of the two fields.
- Sapura Fabrication: EPCCI for full-field development Phase 2 facilities forHess’ North Malay Basin project. The program, due to be completed by 2Q 2020, concerns supply and installation of a conventional three-legged terminal wellhead platform and a minimal wellhead platform and associated pipelines – Hess may opt to extend the scope to offshore transportation and installation.
- Sapura Offshore (ex-SapuraKencana TL Offshore): sub-contract to perform transportation and installation of jackets, piles, bridges for the Bokor central processing platform project for Malaysia Marine and Heavy Engineering, to be completed by March 2020.
- Sapura Offshore: offshore/onshore pipeline and terminal works for Fifth Oil Berth project for Mumbai Port Trust. The work scope includes installation of a 42-in. submarine pipeline with a 5-in. composite cable between the onshore terminal at Pir Pau, Mumbai and the terminal at Jawahar Dweep. All work is expected to be completed by this May.