STAVANGER -- ConocoPhillips Skandinavia has been granted consent to use the Norpipe oil pipeline until 2028.
- The starting point for the pipeline is the Ekofisk 2/4-J facility
- The pipeline has a diameter of 34 in. (86 cm) and is 354 km (220 mi) long
- It crosses the UK continental shelf and reaches land at Teesside in the UK
- There is a connection point for the British fields about 50 km (31 mi) west of Ekofisk
- The pipeline was constructed with an expected design life of minimum 20 years and began operations in 1975.
Consent applies to continued use of the Norpipe Oil Pipeline until the expiry of production license 018 in 2028.