Technip to provide engineering services for Prelude FLNG
Shell Australia has awarded Technip an engineering and project management services contract.
This contract will provide multi-disciplinary engineering and design services in support of thePrelude FLNG project, and will allow the delivery of brownfield engineering scope as the project moves into operations.
Under the contract, Technip will provide a suite of services, including:
- Concept, front-end engineering and design, detailed and follow-on engineering services
- Procurement services
- Construction management services
- Pre-commissioning, commissioning, and hand-over services
- Operational testing support
- Scope and portfolio management services including cost and planning support, and document management and control
- Specialist engineering support to supplement Shell Australia’s team.
Technip’s operating center in Perth, Western Australia, will lead, manage, and deliver the contracted work.
Detailed design of the facility was undertaken by the Technip Samsung Consortium at Technip’s operating centers in Paris and Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. The unit is being built at the Samsung Heavy Industries shipyard in Geoje, Korea.
Vessels from the group’s fleet will be used for the offshore campaigns, including theDeep Energy and the Deep Orient.