Det norske makes oil discovery at Langfjellet

Det norske oljeselskap ASA has found oil with exploration well 25/2-18 S on the Langfjellet prospect in the North Sea.

Offshore staff

TRONDHEIM, NorwayDet norske oljeselskap ASA has found oil with exploration well 25/2-18 S on the Langfjellet prospect in the North Sea. The company, which operates PL 442, said that the well is nearing completion.

The well encountered a gross oil column of 109 m (357 ft) in the Vestland Group. A technical side track was drilled to collect data and the well is currently being prepared for a side track and well test. Preliminary volume estimates for the discovery are in the range of 24 to 74 MMboe.

The jackupMaersk Interceptor drilled the well in a water depth of 122 m (400 ft).

The licensees will evaluate the discovery with regards to a potential development together with other discoveries in the area.

Following the drilling results at Langfjellet, the licensees have identified further prospectivity within the license.

Det norske is operator and holds a 90% working interest in PL 442. LOTOS Exploration and Production Norge AS holds the remaining 10%.

08/31/2016

Share your news withOffshoreat news@offshore-mag.com

More in Drilling & Completion