Noble Energy’s Madison GoM exploration well comes up dry

The Madison exploration well in the Gulf of Mexico did not encounter commercial hydrocarbons.

Offshore staff

HOUSTON –The Madison exploration well in the Gulf of Mexico did not encounter commercial hydrocarbons.

Noble Energy Inc. (NYSE: NBL) has reported that the well reached the targeted Upper and Middle Miocene objectives at a TD of 16,859 ft (5,139 m) in Mississippi Canyon 479. The well has been P&A’d and the drilling rig has been released.

Noble Energy operated the well with a 60% working interest and Stone Energy Offshore LLC had the remaining 40%.

01/20/2015

More in Drilling & Completion