TULSA, Oklahoma – Edward A. “Ted” Beaumont, senior geologist with SM Energy, has been elected president-elect of the 36,000-member American Association of Petroleum Geologists. He will serve as AAPG president in 2012-13.
The 2011-12 AAPG Executive Committee will be seated July 1 and will be presided by Paul Weimer, of the University of Colorado. Other officers are:
• Vice president-Regions – Stuart D. Harker, Circle Oil Plc., Finchampstead, England.
• Secretary – Denise M. Cox, Storm Energy, Panama City, Fla.
• Vice president-Sections – Marvin D. Brittenham, EnCana Oil & Gas (USA), Denver.
• Treasurer – James S. McGhay, Mid-Con Energy, Tulsa.
• Elected Editor Stephen E. Laubach, Bureau of Economic Geology, University of Texas at Austin.
• Jeffrey W. Lund, Corridor Resources, Houston, who has assumed the chair of the House of Delegates.