This will increase the vessel’s lifting capacity by 700 metric tons (772 tons).
The new LEC will have a 140-m (459-ft) long boom, capable of reaching close to 160 m (525 ft) above the main deck. The crane will be delivered to DEME from the Huisman facility in Schiedam, the Netherlands.
Features and benefits of the LEC are:
- A fully electrically driven system, resulting in high positioning accuracy, efficient energy use, reduced maintenance and high reliability.
- In-house developed slew bearing system, providing highly reliable and accurate positioning of the crane.
- The boom’s unique design makes it stiff and lighter in weight.
- Stiff construction of the shaped boom leading to reduced motion at the crane tip.
- Small tail swing allowing for optimized utilization of free deck space.
- A robust, proven design of the LEC 65500-1600 model.