NEW ORLEANS – Oil States Industries discussed the features and applications of its FlexJoint drilling riser system at the Subsea Tieback Forum & Exhibition being held at the Ernest N. Morial Convention Center in New Orleans.
Company officials said that they had introduced the FlexJoint technology to the offshore petroleum industry more than 25 years ago as a flexible, frictionless, maintenance-free alternative to the standard ball joint.
Today, Oil States officials say that their FlexJoint systems are used in applications throughout the world under hostile drilling conditions that require:
• A reliable and cost-effective leak proof connection
• A low angular stiffness while under high axial tensions and extreme internal pressures
• A means of reducing the bending stresses in the riser and the reaction forces to the BOP stack
• An omni-directional angular flexing capability
• A source to help dampen vibrations and accommodate shock loadings
• The ability to operate in an H2S environment.
Oil States Industries is exhibiting at booth #817.