Exxon expands deepwater acreage off Equatorial Guinea

Exxon Mobil Corp. affiliate Exploration and Production Equatorial Guinea (Deepwater) Ltd. has signed a production-sharing contract with the government of Equatorial Guinea for block EG-11.

Offshore staff

IRVING, Texas– Exxon Mobil Corp. affiliate Exploration and Production Equatorial Guinea (Deepwater) Ltd. has signed a production-sharing contract with the government of Equatorial Guinea for block EG-11, 36 mi (58 km) west of Malabo.

Deepwater block EG-11 measures about 307,000 acres (1,242 sq km) and is adjacent to theZafiro field located in block B.

Following ratification of the contract by the government, ExxonMobil will carry out the work program as operator with an 80% working interest. GEPetrol holds the remaining 20% working interest.

The contract includes a commitment to acquire new and reprocess existing 3D seismic data. ExxonMobil will also work with the government of Equatorial Guinea to further develop the national workforce.

06/05/2017

More in Regional Reports