Mariner taps GoM Geauxpher field

Production has begun from the Geauxpher development in the Gulf of Mexico, according to Mariner Energy.

Offshore staff

HOUSTON -- Production has begun from the Geauxpher development in the Gulf of Mexico, according to Mariner Energy.

The development, in 2,700 ft (823 m) of water, includes two wells with current gross production of approximately 115 MMcf/d of natural gas equivalent. The wells are connected via a 40-mi (64-km) subsea tieback to a platform on Garden Banks block 72. Production from the wells to pressurize the flowline to the platform began on April 15, and sales started on May 15.

Mariner operates Geauxpher with a 60% working interest. Apache Corp. holds the remaining 40%.

05/27/2009

More in Production