RIO DE JANEIRO –Oil production at Petrobras-operated fields in the presalt areas of the Campos and Santos basins has reached the 300,000 b/d mark.
This figure accounts for production from 17 wells, six in Santos basin and 11 in Campos basin. Santos accounts for 43% of the total, while Campos provides the remaining 57%.
Gas production from these wells has reached 9.8 MMcm/d (346 MMcf/d).
Presalt production is taking place in eight different platforms, four of which produce exclusively from the presalt:
- FPSOCidade de Angra dos Reis, in operation since October 2010 at Lula field, Santos basin
- FPSOCidade de Anchieta, in operation since September 2012 at Baleia Azul field, Campos basin
- FPSOCidade de São Paulo, in operation since January 2013 at Sapinhoá field, Santos basin
- FPSOCidade de São Vicente, a temporary unit used for extended well tests, has been in operation since February 2013 at Sapinhoá field, at an area known as Sapinhoá Norte.
In May of this year, the FPSOCidade de Paraty is scheduled to go onstream in the Santos basin presalt, with processing capacity of 120,000 b/d and 5 MMcm/d (176 MMcf/d) of gas. This platform is in final assembly in Angra dos Reis and will be installed to the northeast of Lula field, Santos basin.
Between 2014 and 2016,11 more new platforms are scheduled go onstream from presalt reservoirs – 10 in Santos basin and one in Campos basin. At that point, oil production operated by Petrobras in the presalt is expected to exceed 1 MM b/d in 2017.