Topsides 2013: Hess provides update on Tubular Bells project
Development of the Tubular Bells field is proceeding on schedule, with the drilling campaigns under way and construction of the spar platform ongoing.
GALVESTON, Texas – Development of the Tubular Bells field is proceeding on schedule, with the drilling campaigns under way and construction of the spar platform ongoing. Project operator Hess Corp. (NSE:HES) provided an update at the Topsides conference being held in Galveston, Texas.
The drilling program began last year, and theStena Forth has been onsite since April. To date, it has drilled nine topholes and is currently drilling the second well. When the drilling program concludes, the project will have three to five producers, and two to three water injection wells.
Construction of the spar platform is underway in Texas and Louisiana. The engineering and construction of the project is being conducted almost entirely within the United States.
The initial subsea development will comprise two drill centers connected to three production wells and two water injection wells. There is a possibility that two additional production wells and one additional water injection well may be added to the field development.
The subsea facilities will be tied back to a Williams Partners-owned floating production spar (FPS) with a 50-person accommodation capacity. Hess will initially operate the production facility.
The spar platform is designed to handle:
- 60,000 b/d of oil
- 135 Mcf/d of gas production
- 40,000 bbls produced water treating capacity
- 60,000 bbls of water injection per day.
Export from the FPS will be throughWilliams’ existing pipeline systems, including its 12-in. oil line and its 12-in. natural gas line.
First production is planned for the 2Q 2014. The primary target lies at approximately 24,000 ft (7,315 m) reservoir depth below approximately 10,000 ft (3,048 m) of salt.
The Tubular Bells project was sanctioned in 2011 with Hess having a 57.14% working interest as operator. Chevron has the remaining 42.86% interest.