This was production well 31/2-Y-21 AY2H on the Statoil-operatedTroll field.
Among other statistics in the latest edition:
- 4,996 of the 6,000 wells were drilled in the North Sea, with 836 in the Norwegian Sea and 168 in theBarents Sea.
- In total, 13,623,317 m (44,695,7901 ft) of production wells and 5,065,273 m (16,618,000 ft) of exploration wells have been drilled.
- Exploration well with the greatest TVD: wellbore 9/4-5, 5,875 m (19,275 ft).
- Production well with the greatest TVD: wellbore 15/3-A-5, 5,294 m (17,369 ft) on theGudrun field in the North Sea.
- Exploration well with the greatest measured TD: wellbore 34/10-45 B: 7,928 m (26,010 ft).
- Production well with the greatest measured TD: wellbore 30/9-B-47, 10,007 m (32,831 ft) on Oseberg in the North Sea.
- The first exploration well, drilled in summer 1966, was dry.
- The first oil discovery wasBalder in the North Sea in 1967. Development followed more than 30 years later.