Hyperdynamics restarts exploration well offshore Guinea

Drilling has resumed on the Sabu-1 exploration well offshore the Republic of Guinea, says Hyperdynamics Corp.

Dec 28th, 2011

Offshore staff

HOUSTON – Drilling has resumed on the Sabu-1 exploration well offshore the Republic of Guinea, says Hyperdynamics Corp.

Drilling restarted at 1,440 m (4,724 ft) subsea and targets a TD of 3,600 m (11,811 ft).

Hyperdynamics operates the concession with a 77% participating interest, with the remaining 23% held by Aberdeen-based Dana Petroleum, a wholly owned subsidiary of the Korean National Oil Co. The well is operated through AGR, a well management company.

12/28/2011

More in Drilling & Completion