North Sea Brynhild heading for year-end start

Development drilling has started on the Lundin Norway-operated Brynhild field in the Norwegian North Sea.

Offshore staff

STOCKHOLM, Sweden – Development drilling has started on the Lundin Norway-operated Brynhild field in the Norwegian North Sea.

The jackupMaersk Guardian will drill four wells on the field in license PL148. The location is close to the Norway-UK maritime border, 210 km (130 mi) from the Norwegian mainland.

All the wells will be tied back subsea to theHaewene Brim FPSO serving Shell’s Pierce field, 38 km (23.6 mi) to the south. Drilling is expected to continue through 2Q 2014.

Thesubsea template/manifold and 38-km production pipeline have already been installed. Topside modification work is expected to start on the FPSO in July, with production from Brynhild likely to start this fall. Lundin estimates the field’s reserves at 23 MMboe, with production set to peak at 12,000 boe/d. The hydrocarbons will be processed at the FPSO before being offloaded for further transportation.

Lundin has a 90% interest in the development. Talisman Energy Norge holds the remaining 10%.

6/17/2013

More in Drilling & Completion