PASADENA, Texas -- MacDermid Offshore Solutions has designed and built a DCV test rig for fluid qualification with subsea components.
The performance of directional control valves operated with subsea control fluids is an important predictor of subsea system reliability, according to MacDermid. Testing of these fluid/valve combinations requires significant time and expense, which has slowed the introduction of innovation to the market, the company suggests. MacDermid expects this testing equipment will provide much needed additional capacity to improve the qualification process.
Highlights of the test rig include:
• 4 DCV capacity
• Separate pressure control with duel supply
• Currently rated up to 10,000 psi (700 Bar)
• Explosion-proof containment
• Separate isolation for HP and LP areas
• Extended work area to allow inspection and quick refit
• Fully flexible data logging and control
- Up to 10 solenoids
- 250,000 pressure readings per second
- Up to 10 sensors of any type
• Cycling at any rate
MacDermid Offshore builds DCV test rig for fluid qualification
MacDermid Offshore Solutions has designed and built a DCV test rig for fluid qualification with subsea components.