EXETER, UK – Britain’s Met Office has signed a reseller agreement with JBA Consulting to offer the ForeCoast Marine metocean risk management software to offshore and marine clients.
This is a planning, visualization, and decision support tool which employs Met Office forecast data to reduce costs and meteocean risks.
It is designed to help manage metocean risks throughout the lifecycle of an offshore construction or marine energy project, from pricing weather into tenders to formulating detailed construction strategies through to managing live weather risks.
It is said to combine the latest science in probabilistic forecasting with a range of tools to support decision making, all optimized for use on mobile devices and combining forecasting data, weather observations and operational data in one place. This is said to allow users to:
- Compute the viability of complex and uncertain missions
- Optimize the timing and sequencing of missions to reduce downtime
- Track and manage missions through time
- Evaluate the reliability of forecasts using ForeCoast Marine’s “Forecast Health Check”
- Receive automated alerts and warning if forecast conditions look like jeopardizing upcoming missions
- Archive all the information used to make decisions, demonstrating good practice, and supporting dispute resolution.