STAVANGER, Norway -- ConocoPhillips Skandinavia AS (COPSAS) has been granted consent to carry out manned subsea operations (MUO) on the Ekofisk and Eldfisk field.
COPSAS intends to carry out MUO in connection with surveys to:
- detect possible cracks in weld joints in stays on selected facilities
- carry out reinstallation of signal buoy on the pipeline to Teeside
- check position indicators on valves on the pipeline to Emden and Teeside
- check for leakage on inlet valves (water) on the legs of 2/4-J
- inspect the Eldfisk oil pipeline for any damage.
Subcontractor Subsea7 will carry out the project using the DSVSeven Pelican. Work is expected to start in May.