PARIS -- Wintershall Noordzee has awarded Technip a lumpsum contract to assist in the development of the E-18 and P-9 gas fields in the Dutch sector of the North Sea.
The contract covers:
• Assembly and installation of a 5.4-km (3.4-mi) 10-in. (25-cm) rigid flowline between the new E-18 platform and an existing platform
• Manufacture and installation of a 16.7-km (10.4-mi) 8-in. (20-cm) rigid flowline for the tie-in of two new P-9 wells and an existing platform
• Installation of two umbilicals, 5.6 km (3.5 mi) and 16.8 km (10.4 mi) long
• Trenching and backfilling of the pipelines and umbilicals
• Installation of protection structures for the P-9 field wells
• Tie-ins, protection, and testing of the subsea system.
Technip's Aberdeen operating center will carry out project management and engineering. Flowlines will be welded at the Evanton spoolbase, and the P-9 umbilical will be manufactured at Technip's Newcastle manufacturing unit.
Offshore operations are scheduled to begin in 1Q 2009. TheApache and Skandi Achiever will execute the pipelaying and diving operations respectively. Third party vessels will be used for trenching and backfilling services, the company says.