ABERDEEN, UK –Oil Spill Response Ltd and the Subsea Well Response Project have detailed a collaboration to improve subsea well response capability using a subsea well containment concept and supplemental toolkit.
The concept and toolkit, discussed at Offshore Europe, relies on standard well test riser and surface equipment deployed offshore by a drilling rig. The hardware is designed to safely flow to surface, process, and dispose of well hydrocarbons. It is for use when capping along is not sufficient, says OSRL.
The components will be stored ready for transport at strategic locations to allow for a timely response around the world starting from the end of 2014.
OSRL has selected the following contractors to deliver the toolkit:
· Flex jumpers and flowlines – Wellstream International
· Transfer pumps and coolers – Expro North Sea
· Flowline end terminations, flow spools with subsea test tree latch, and subsea connectors
· Monoethanol and glycol delivery system – Oceaneering
· Hose end valve – Aker Solutions
· Marine offloading hose – Dunlop Oil and Marine.