PASCAGOULA, Mississippi -- Signal International has won a contract to upgrade Atwood Oceanics' semisubmersible Richmond. The rig is expected to arrive at Signal's Pascagoula drydock by the end of September.
The life enhancement upgrades include:
• Waste tank replacement
• High pressure mud piping to replace existing piping
• Tank steel replacement as needed
• Tank coatings renewal
• Tank gauging system installation
• Tank ventilation improvements
• Mud pit steel replacement as needed
• Sounding tube repairs
• Superstructure repairs
• Hull coating renewal.
"This job typifies Signal's core business," says Dick Marler, president and CEO of Signal International. "Signal has the wherewithal to readily understand our customer's objectives and to deliver exactly what the customer specifies on time and within budget."