Its new Technology Insights microsite has analyzed over 800 technologies reported by operators in their plans for 2020.
Key findings include:
- Directing spend on technology by operators declined last year, although less than in previous years
- A growing reliance by operators on mature technologies sourced directly from suppliers
- An overall focus on technologies for mature asset operations, from wells to facilities, which accounted for 45% of the total technologies reported
- Rising interest in data and digital, accounting for 21% of the technologies reported
- Technologies for net zero reported last year for the first time in operators’ plans last year, including solutions for emission monitoring, flaring and venting reduction, and renewable power offshore.
Carlo Procaccini, OGA Head of Technology and TLB Co-Chair, said: “Last year’s operators’ plans covered in excess of 800 individual technologies, of which around 60% are existing technologies being introduced to the field, but over 40% are still in the development phase.”
The web pages will provide insights into the latest technological progress and deployments via case studies, and will be updated periodically to provide a library of relevant examples.