QatarEnergy joins ExxonMobil in two Atlantic Canada licenses

March 30, 2023
QatarEnergy has entered a farm-in agreement with ExxonMobil Canada for two exploration licenses offshore Newfoundland and Labrador, eastern Canada.

Offshore staff

DOHA, Qatar  QatarEnergy has entered a farm-in agreement with ExxonMobil Canada for two exploration licenses offshore Newfoundland and Labrador, eastern Canada.

The transaction, which has completed all necessary formalities with the Canada-Newfoundland and Labrador Offshore Petroleum Board (C-NLOPB), gives a 28% interest in EL 1167, where planning is underway for the Gale exploration well and associated activities.

ExxonMobil Canada remains operator with a 50% interest, while Calgary-based Cenovus Energy holds 22%.

QatarEnergy also now has a 40% position in EL 1162, and ExxonMobil Canada (operator) has the remaining 60%.

EL 1167 and EL 1162, both in water depths ranging from 100 m to 1,200 m, cover respective areas of about 1,420 sq km and 2,400 sq km.

03.30.2023

Related

Photo 48908683 © Karen Maloney | Dreamstime.com
Offshore Canada Dreamstime M 48908683
Photo 137641209 © Butenkow | Dreamstime.com
Canada
Courtesy Husky Energy's "WHITE ROSE OILFIELD COMPREHENSIVE STUDY REPORT" October 2000
White Rose Field

Courtesy Cenovus Energy's "Development Plan Amendment Use of Stand-Alone Subsea Trees in the White Rose and North Amethyst Fields Volume 1 – Development Plan"