Total builds deepwater position offshore Senegal

Total has signed two exploration agreements with the Republic of Senegal concerning deep and ultra-deep offshore areas.

Offshore staff

PARISTotal has signed two exploration agreements with the Republic of Senegal concerning deep and ultra-deep offshore areas.

One concerns an exploration and production-sharing contract for the Rufisque Offshore Profond block, covering an area of 10,357 sq km (3,999 sq mi). Total will operate with 90%, the remaining 10% held by Société Nationale des Pétroles du Sénégal (Petrosen).

In addition, the two parties signed a cooperation with Senegal’s Ministry of Energy and Renewable Energy Development under which Total will assess the exploration potential of Senegal’s ultra-deep offshore and become operator of an exploration block.

05/03/2017

More in Regional Reports