Mexico’s CNH ratifies offshore block 2 license

DEA Deutsche Erdoel and PEMEX have signed a license contract for shallow-water block 2 offshore Mexico.

Block 2 offshore Mexico
Block 2 offshore Mexico

Offshore staff

HAMBURG, Germany – DEA Deutsche Erdoel and PEMEX have signed a license contract for shallow-water block 2 offshore Mexico.

The country’s National Hydrocarbons Commission (CNH) awarded the consortium the license under the bid round 2.1 this June.

PEMEX operates with a 70% share, with DEA holding the remaining 30%.

DEA says that it aims to build a portfolio of interests in Mexico.

Block 2 spans 549 sq km (212 sq mi) in the Tampico-Misantla basin in the southwestern Gulf of Mexico, in water depths of 40-260 m (131-853 ft). The initial four-year exploration phase commitments include drilling of one well.

09/26/2017

More in Regional Reports