CANBERRA, Australia -- Australia’s Minister for Resources and Energy, Martin Ferguson, has awarded ten offshore exploration permits in Commonwealth waters off Western Australia and the Northern Territory.
The permits are:
• WA-435-P in the Roebuck basin to Carnarvon Petroleum
• WA-436-P, WA-437-P, and WA-438-P in the Roebuck basin Finder Exploration
• WA-434-P in the Carnarvon basin to Woodside Energy
• WA-439-P in the Carnarvon basin to Chevron Australia and Shell Development (Australia)
• WA-440-P and WA-441-P in the Bonaparte basin to Goldsborough Energy
• NTP/79 in the Bonaparte basin to Finder Exploration
• NTP/80 in the Bonaparte basin to Murphy Australia Oil and Diamond Resources Australia.
Seventeen bids were received for 18 available areas in the second closing round of the 2008 Offshore Petroleum Exploration Acreage Release.
The new permits will be jointly administered by the Australian Government and the respective state and territory governments. Maps and full descriptions of the areas can be found at: