CANBERRA, Australia –The Australian Minister for Resources and Energy has granted seven new exploration permits offshore Northern Territory and Western Australia as part of the 2011 acreage release second round.
Minister Martin Ferguson said the permits will generate an estimated $277 million in offshore investments over the next three years.
The permits are as follows:
1. NT/P83 (released as NT11-1) to Tangiers Petroleum Ltd.
2. WA-477-P (released as W11-2) to Shell Development (Australia) Pty Ltd.
3. WA-479-P (released as W11-4) to Pathfinder Energy Pty Ltd.
4. WA-480-P (W11-8) to Repsol Exploration SA.
5. WA-482-P (W11-9) to Liberty Petroleum Corp.
6. WA-478-P (W11-14) to Woodside Energy Ltd. and Japan Australia LNG (MIMI) Pty Ltd.
7. WA-481-P (W11-18) to Murphy Australia Oil Pty Ltd., Kufpec Australia Pty Ltd., and Samsung Oil & Gas Australia Pty Ltd.
“Australia has more than half of the world’s major LNG projects currently in construction and their completion could see Australia become the world’s largest LNG exporter,” Ferguson said. “These new permits have the potential to increase project development opportunities and strengthen our energy security and export capacity.”