RIL, BP secure deepwater block offshore India

Reliance Industries and BP have won deepwater block KG-DWN-2005/2 offered under NELP VII.

Offshore staff

MUMBAI -- Reliance Industries and BP have won deepwater block KG-DWN-2005/2 offered under NELP VII. RIL has 70% participating interest and BP holds the remaining 30% and is the operator.

The block is 40 km (25 mi) off the east coast of India, spread over an area of 1,949 sq km (752 sq mi). During the first phase of exploration, the consortium will conduct 2D and 3D seismic surveys as well as reprocess existing seismic data. Based on an analysis of survey results, a further work program will be decided.

12/29/2008

More in Regional Reports