Hansa Hydrocarbons farms in to Serica Energy UK licenses

Hansa Hydrocarbons is farming in to Serica Energy's UK licenses covering block 48/16b and block 48/17d in the southern North Sea.

Offshore staff

LONDON -- Hansa Hydrocarbons is farming in to Serica Energy's UK licenses covering block 48/16b and block 48/17d in the southern North Sea. Completion is subject to the receipt of UK government consent.

Serica currently has a 100% working interest in the licenses. Under the terms of the farm-out agreement, Hansa will earn a 35% working interest in the licenses in return for contributing on a promoted basis to the cost of a well to appraise the Chablis prospect in block 48/16b, scheduled to begin drilling in mid-Oct. Serica will remain as operator and retains the remaining 65% working interest in the license.

To meet this drilling program Serica has contracted the Northern Offshore Energy jackupEnhancer to drill the well. The well to be drilled will appraise the gas-bearing Permian Leman sandstone reservoir encountered in well 48/16a-2 drilled in 2002 and will be located approximately 2 km (1.2 mi) to the east of the earlier well.

09/19/2008

More in Regional Reports