SUGAR LAND, Texas – The Research Partnership to Secure Energy for America (RPSEA) has released the first of six 2010 Ultra-Deepwater Program requests for proposals to award $22 million for oil and gas research and development projects.
Each RFP will have its own issue and due dates. The following is a list of the various focus areas for the 2010 RFPs:
1. Continued work in current projects
2. Drilling, completion, and intervention breakthroughs
3. Significantly extending subsea tieback distances and surface host elimination
4. Dry trees - direct well intervention and risers in 10,000 fwd
5. Associated safety and environmental concerns
6. Appraisal and development geosciences and reservoir engineering.
For details and qualifications, see http://www.rpsea.org/ .