Chevron enters three blocks offshore Morocco

Chevron Morocco Exploration has signed petroleum agreements with Morocco’s Office National Des Hydrocarbures Et Des Mines (ONHYM) for three offshore areas.

Chevron Morocco Exploration
Chevron Morocco Exploration

Offshore staff

SAN RAMON, California – Chevron Morocco Exploration has signed petroleum agreements with Morocco’s Office National Des Hydrocarbures Et Des Mines (ONHYM) for three offshore areas.

The work terms involve acquiring seismic data and conducting studies in the deepwater areas Cap Rhir Deep, Cap Cantin Deep, and Cap Walidia Deep, 60-120 mi (100-200 km) west and northwest of Agadir.

These areas extend over 11,300 sq mi (29,200 sq km) in water depths of 330-14,700 ft (100-4,500 m).

Chevron Morocco Exploration has a 75% interest in the three areas, with ONHYM holding the remaining 25%.

1/23/2013

More in Regional Reports