Partners extend Dutch North Sea gas cooperation to oil

GDF SUEZ E&P Nederland and EBN have completed a transaction in the L5a block in the Dutch North Sea.

Offshore staff

UTRECHT, the Netherlands – GDF SUEZ E&P Nederland and EBN have completed a transaction in the L5a block in the Dutch North Sea.

The concession is 100 km (62 mi) northwest of Den Helder and includes the L5a-E oil field.

EBN has partnered with GDF SUEZ in gas production from the block since 2008. Now the company also has a 40% share in oil production, backdated to Jan. 1, 2013. GDF Suez has the remaining 60%.

Recently, the L05-13 well encountered oil, and a second evaluation well, LO5-14, is being drilled from the platform, 1,500 m (4,921 ft) northeast of L05-13. Results will hopefully justify a development.

Last October, Wintershall discovered oil with theF17-10 well, 30 km (18.6 mi) distant. EBN believes more oil and gas could be found in this region.

8/30/2013

More in Regional Reports