WASHINGTON, D.C. –The Bureau of Safety and Environmental Enforcement (BSEE) is soliciting proposals for oil spill response research projects and will invest up to $6 million to support these projects in 2015.
BSEE called for white papers focusing specifically on the following topic areas for proposed research covering oil spill response operations on the US OCS.
Topics should be limited to the following:
- Innovative methods to remove surface oil under arctic conditions
- Decanting recovered oil at sea
- Quantifying in-situ burn efficiency
- Innovative new uses of chemical herders to enhance oil spill mitigation efforts
- Develop an innovative dispersant spray drift model
- Determine the effect of various deep-ocean conditions on dispersant effectiveness
- Evaluate dispersant effectiveness of subsea applications in ocean brine pools.
The deadline for submitting white papers is Feb. 9, 2015. More information can be found by searching for BSEE solicitation E15PS00027 onwww.fbo.gov.