Peregrino off to royal start

Statoil has begun production from its Peregrino oil field offshore Brazil.

Offshore staff

RIO DE JANEIRO – Statoil has begun production from its Peregrino oil field offshore Brazil. The operation includes an FPSO and two wellhead platforms.

Norway’s Crown Prince Haakon, energy minister Ola Borten Moe, Statoil CEO Helge Lund, Norway’s ambassador to Brazil Turid Eusebio, and Brazil’s mines and energy minister Edison Lobão participated in the official ceremonies.

The Peregrino field is 85 km (53 mi) offshore Brazil in the Campos basin at about 100 m (328 ft) water depth in licenses BMC-7 and BMC-47.

The first phase of the development includes the FPSO and two drilling and wellhead platforms. A total of 37 wells are planned on Peregrino, all of them using horizontal well technology to maximize recovery.

The field contains 300 to 600 MMboe recoverable with a significant upside. An exploration well drilled nearby Peregrino recently confirmed this potential, said Statoil

Statoil holds a 60% stake in Peregrino, with the remaining 40% by Sinochem Group.

05/24/2011

More in Production