LONDON – Reliance Industries and bp have started production from the Satellite Cluster gas field in block KG D6 offshore eastern India.
The two companies have been developing three deepwater projects in the concession – R Cluster, which came onstream last December, Satellite Cluster, and MJ. Together they should deliver around 1 bcf/d by 2023.
Each will use existing hub infrastructure in KG D6, which Reliance operates with a 66.67%, the remainder held by bp (33.33%).
R Cluster, which was originally scheduled to start production in mid-2021, is in up to 1,850 m (6,070 ft) of water and is 60 km (37 mi) from the onshore terminal at Kakinada.
The field will produce gas from four reservoirs via five wells with peak production of up to 6 MMcm/d. R Cluster and Satellite Cluster should produce around 20% of India’s current gas production.
MJ, the third development on the block, should start up toward the latter half of 2022.