HONG KONG – CNOOC Ltd. has started production from the Liuhua 29-1 gas field in the eastern South China Sea.
This is the third field developed for the Liwan Gas Project offshore China.
The 29-1 field is 86 km (53 mi) northeast of Liwan 3-1 gas field in water depths of about 640 to 785 m (2,100 to 2,575 ft). A new subsea wellhead has been built, with seven development wells planned in total.
It will fully use the existing production facilities of the Liuhua 34-2 and Liwan 3-1 gas fields. It is expected to reach a peak production of about 62 MMcf/d of natural gas in 2022.
CNOOC has a 25% working interest in Liuhua 29-1 gas field and acts as the operator in shallow water, while Husky Oil China Ltd. holds the remaining 75% working interest and acts as the operator in deepwater.