McDermott to fabricate, install Discovery GoM pipeline junction platform

McDermott International Inc. (NYSE:MDR) has won a contract to supply a new junction facility for the Discovery Keathly Canyon Connector pipeline system in the Gulf of Mexico.

Offshore staff

HOUSTON –McDermott International Inc. (NYSE:MDR) has won a contract to supply a new junction facility for the Discovery Keathly Canyon Connector pipeline system in the Gulf of Mexico.

Fabrication of the 3,300-ton, four leg platform in 350 ft (170 m) of water is expected to begin this summer in Morgan City, Louisiana, with installation to come in 3Q 2013. TheDB50is to perform the installation.

The unmanned platform will provide pipeline junction facilities for incoming deepwater pipelines from the Hadrian South and Lucius fields and for outgoing shallow-water pipelines to shore.

Williams Partners L.P. (NYSE:WPZ) owns 60% of the Discovery system and operates it. DCP Midstream Partners LP (NYSE:DPM) owns the other 40% of the Discovery system.

7/30/2012

More in Pipelines