NPD approves BP’s Tambar facility extension

The Norwegian Petroleum Directorate has given BP the greenlight to extend the Tambar field facility until Jan. 1, 2022.

BP's Tambar oil field development offshore Norway
BP's Tambar oil field development offshore Norway

Offshore staff

OSLO, Norway – The Norwegian Petroleum Directorate has given BP the greenlight to extend the Tambar field facility until Jan. 1, 2022, which coincides with the expiry of production license 065.

The lifetime was set at 15 years in the field’s plan for development and operation, which ends on July 15.

The Tambar oil field is located in the southern part of the Norwegian North Sea, about 16 km (10 mi) southeast of the Ula field. The field was developed with a remote-controlled wellhead facility without process equipment.

The field is produced with depressurization. Natural gas expansion combined with pressure support from water drive are the most important drive mechanisms.

The oil is transported to Ula via pipeline. Following processing, the oil is exported by pipeline to Teesside in the UK via Ekofisk, while the gas is injected in the Ula reservoir to increase oil recovery.

BP Norge AS
is the operator of production license 065, with an ownership interest of 55%. DONG E&P Norge AS holds the remaining 45%.

07/08/2016

Share your news withOffshoreat news@offshore-mag.com

More in Pipelines