Varg field gets new drilling

Pertra AS, a wholly owned subsidiary of Petroleum Geo-Services ASA, has exercised an option with Mærsk Contractors for two additional production wells in the Varg field in block 15/12 in the Norwegian sector of the North Sea.

Pertra AS, a wholly owned subsidiary of Petroleum Geo-Services ASA, has exercised an option with Mærsk Contractors for two additional production wells in the Varg field in block 15/12 in the Norwegian sector of the North Sea.

The additional wells are a result of appraisal well 15/12-14, which confirmed a modified reservoir model developed by Petra. The wells will be drilled following the A6-A production well, currently being drilled, and should be completed by early July.

Production from Varg field is approximately 25,000 b/d, after completion of the 15/12-14 well. The new wells to be drilled will bring production above 30,000 b/d, and extend the field life beyond 2005.

Varg field is produced with the FPSOPetrojarl Varg. Pertra AS is operator of with 70% interest and co-venturer Petoro AS holds the other 30%.
(02/10/04)

More in Home