Aker Kvaerner awarded deepwater umbilicals for Blind Faith

Aker Kvaerner has been awarded a contract by Chevron, with partner Kerr-McGee, to deliver an advanced dynamic umbilical for the Blind Faith deepwater development in the GoM.

Offshore staff

(GoM) - Aker Kvaerner has been awarded a contract by Chevron, with partner Kerr-McGee, to deliver an advanced dynamic umbilical, including engineering and project management, for the Blind Faith deepwater development in the GoM.

This follows the earlier award of contracts to Aker Kvaerner for the supply of the semisubmersible hull and mooring system and activities related to transportation and installation of the Blind Faith platform.

Aker Kvaerner Subsea will supply a 9,500-m dynamic steel tube umbilical, including all surface and subsea terminations to be installed in 2,100 m water depth.

The engineering and manufacturing of the umbilical will be done in Mobile, Ala., for delivery in January 2007.

Aker Kvaerner's Deepwater business unit will perform detailed dynamic analysis of the umbilicals.

Blind Faith is located approximately 260 km southeast of New Orleans, on Mississippi Canyon blocks 695 and 696.

Chevron holds a 62.5% working interest in the field, while Kerr-McGee Corp. holds the remaining 37.5% interest.

02/24/06

More in Home