Offshore Europe 2013: ABB to host series of on-stand technical talks
ABB will host a series of short talks covering safety, reliability, and efficiency issues affecting the oil and gas sector at this year’s Offshore Europe.
ABERDEEN, UK– ABB will host a series of short talks covering safety, reliability, and efficiency issues affecting the oil and gas sector at this year’s Offshore Europe. Additionally, interactive demonstrations will sit alongside several new product launches.
Daily technical talks will target operations, technical engineers, and management within oil and gas operating companies and EPCs.
Talks include ways to ensure the effectiveness of trips and alarms; why functional safety is important, including key points in setting and achieving SIL; platform life extension, equipment reliability and programs for aging assets; and the role of remote operations in helping reduce costs and improve operational efficiency.
Visitors can witness how today’s control room helps oil and gas companies achieve benefits through operator effectiveness, enterprise asset optimization, and collaborative production management. An interactive demonstration will explore the benefits of integrating motors, drives, instrumentation and electrical equipment to ABB’s System 800xA distributed control system (DCS).
Among the products to be showcased are:
- An all-compatible variable-speed drive, the ACS880
- Energy harvesting technology that enables remote temperature measurements without the need for a power supply to the transmitter
- Compact, maintenance-free CoriolisMaster meter
- Meter2di dual chamber orifice fitting with double isolation
- Integrated or stand-alone high integrity safety controller
- Extended Automation System 800xA’s Feature Pack 4 for reducing unplanned shutdowns, increased asset utilisation and energy efficiency
- D3 collaboration desk
- ServicePort - a remote enabled, service delivery platform that provides a custom, secure connection to ABB advanced services and experts
- Latest in intelligent switchgear and diagnostics.
ABB is exhibiting at stand 3D 160.