ABERDEEN, UK– Senior representatives of the UK and Scottish governments will address the audience at Europe’s largest oil and gas conference and exhibition, SPE Offshore Europe 2013.
Scotland’s First Minister, Rt Hon Alex Salmond MSP, will commence proceedings by giving the keynote speech to industry and civic leaders at the event’s formal dinner in the Aberdeen City’s Town House on Monday, Sept. 2.
A senior UK government minister will give the opening address to the Conference Plenary on Tuesday, Sept. 3. In a keynote session later on that same day, Lord Green, the UK Minister for Trade and Investment, will outline the strength of British exports of oilfield goods and services.
On Wednesday, Sept. 4:
- UK Energy Minister, Rt Hon Michael Fallon MP, and Jan Panek from the European Commission will participate in a conference session on industry progress since Macondo
- The Minister for Energy, Enterprise and Tourism in Scotland, Fergus Ewing MSP, will speak at a lunchtime event entitled “Women in Industry”, to be attended by the Princess Royal.
On Thursday, Sept. 5:
- Sajid Javid MP, the Economic Secretary to the Treasury, will speak in a Keynote Session on offshore decommissioning
- Rt Hon Dr Vince Cable MP, Secretary of State for Business, Innovation and Skills, will address the audience on how collaboration on new technology can help to realize the North Sea’s full potential.
On Friday, Sept. 6:
- Fergus Ewing MSPwill speak in a special session dedicated to skills and recruitment issues facing the industry.