Gulf Island to fabricate Blind Faith's topsides

Houma, Louisiana-based Gulf Island Fabrication, Inc., says its wholly owned subsidiary Gulf Island, LLC, has executed a contract with Chevron North America Exploration & Production Company, a division of Chevron USA, to fabricate the topsides for the Blind Faith semisubmersible production platform.

Offshore staff

(US, GoM)- Houma, Louisiana-based Gulf Island Fabrication, Inc., says its wholly owned subsidiary Gulf Island, LLC, has executed a contract with Chevron North America Exploration & Production Company, a division of Chevron USA, to fabricate the topsides for theBlind Faith semisubmersible production platform.

Gulf Island says it plans to begin topsides fabrication in 1Q 2006, followed by delivery in 2007. The company will use its existing facilities and labor in Houma, Louisiana to complete the project.

Blind Faith is located in approximately 7,000 ft of water, about 160 mi southeast of New Orleans, on Mississippi Canyon blocks 695 and 696. First production from Gomez is expected during the first half of 2008. Chevron is the operator with a 62.5% interest, and partner Kerr-McGee holds the remaining 37.5%.

11/04/05

More in Home