(Canada) - Husky Energy's first oil production began from the White Rose oil field, marking the successful completion of the third offshore oil development on Canada's East Coast.
Oil was introduced into the process stream on theSeaRose FPSO on November 12. The White Rose oil field is located in the Jeanne d'Arc basin, approximately 350 km east of St. John's, Newfoundland, and Labrador, Canada.
The White Rose field is expected to reach peak production of 100,000 b/d in the first half of 2006.
Husky has chartered two shuttle tankers, theHeather Knutsen and the Jasmine Knutsen, to transport White Rose crude oil to world market destinations. The Samsung-designed double-hulled tankers each have a crude oil capacity of 1 MMbbl. The Heather Knutsen, is scheduled to take delivery of the first shipment of crude oil from the SeaRose FPSO in late November 2005.
Husky Energy owns 72.5% of the White Rose development and is the operator. Petro-Canada holds the remaining 27.5 % interest. At peak production, Husky's share of White Rose production is expected to average 67,500 b/d on an annual basis. Husky's share of proven and probable reserves for the field is estimated at 165 MMbbl.