FMC picks up Blind Faith

FMC Technologies, Inc. says it has been selected by Chevron and partner Kerr-McGee to supply subsea systems for its Blind Faith project.

Offshore staff

(US, GoM) - FMC Technologies, Inc. says it has been selected by Chevron and partner Kerr-McGee to supply subsea systems for its Blind Faith project. The contract has a value of approximately $39 million.

FMC Technologies' initial scope of supply for the project includes three high-pressure high-temperature subsea trees and associated structures, production control systems and other related equipment. Deliveries will be completed over several months and are scheduled to start in 1Q 2007.

The Blind Faith discovery is located in Mississippi Canyon 696, approximately 160 mi (257 km) southeast of New Orleans, Louisiana. The water depth in the area is approximately 7,000 ft (2,134 m). Chevron operates Blind Faith with a 62.5% interest; Kerr-McGee holds the remaining 37.5% interest.

11/22/05

More in Home