LONDON -- GeoPressure Technology and Sonar Nigeria are conducting a comprehensive regional pressure study of the Niger Delta in Nigeria.
The study begins in October with an analysis of the deepwater offshore Depobelt. First results are expected by end of 2010.
The study was awarded by the Ministry of Petroleum Resources of Nigeria through the Department of Petroleum Resources after a series of consultative meetings with National Petroleum Investment Management Services (NAPIMS).
The study will investigate:
• Distribution and control on overpressures including variation in top of overpressure and vertical/lateral seals
• Trap integrity assessment - seal breach risking and top seal failure
• Evidence for lateral transfer (leading to higher than expected pressures when drilling)
• Lateral drainage and implications for migration, hydrodynamic flow and tilted oil water contacts
• Mechanism of overpressure generation
• Fracture and Overburden pressures
GeoPressure Technology, Sonar Nigeria conduct Niger Delta pressure study
GeoPressure Technology and Sonar Nigeria are conducting a comprehensive regional pressure study of the Niger Delta in Nigeria.