Independence Hub installed

Installation of the semisubmersible production platform, Independence Hub, is complete. The facility is in Mississippi Canyon block 920 in a world-record water depth of more than 2,438 m (8,000 ft).

Offshore staff

HOUSTON --Installation of the semisubmersible production platform, Independence Hub, is complete. The facility is in Mississippi Canyon block 920 in a world-record water depth of more than 2,438 m (8,000 ft).

Enterprise owns an 80% working interest inIndependence Hub; Helix Energy Solutions Group holds the remaining 20%.

The platform also is the world's largest in terms of production capacity, capable of handling up to 1 bcf/d of natural gas, which represents more than a 10% increase in current natural gas deliveries from the Gulf.

"The installation of theIndependence Hub marks a major milestone in one of the most significant offshore projects ever developed," says Robert G. Phillips, Enterprise president and CEO.

With the installation phase now complete, control of theIndependence Hub will be transferred to Anadarko Petroleum Corp. as platform operator for the group of producers developing the 10 fields discovered to-date.

Installation of the field's flowline risers and export pipeline is under way. Gas will be exported through Enterprise's 100% owned and operated Independence Trail pipeline to a platform in West Delta block 68, which is connected to shore via third-party pipeline.

First production is expected in the second half of 2007.

3/8/2007

More in Field Development