BG plans Norway-UK tieback

BG has submitted a development plan for the Pi field in the North Sea to the Norwegian Ministry of Petroleum and Energy.

Offshore staff

STOCKHOLM -- BG has submitted a development plan for the Pi field in the North Sea to the Norwegian Ministry of Petroleum and Energy.

Pi is an oil and gas field with reserves of 28 MMboe, close to the median line with the UK. The location is 225 km from the Norwegian mainland and 12 km (7.4 mi) south of the Talisman-operated Varg field (PL038).

According to partner Lundin Norway, Pi will be developed as a two well subsea tie-back to BG’s Armada platform in the UK central North Sea. Produced oil and gas will be sent to the platform for processing before further transportation to the UK mainland.

Assuming approval, first production is expected in late-2011. Lundin has a 40% interest in PL292 and BG Norge AS, the operator, has the remaining 60 percent working interest.

05/06/2010

More in Field Development